The beast that you saw existed once but now exists no longer. It will come up from the abyss and is headed for destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world shall be amazed when they see the beast, because it existed once but exists no longer, and yet it will come again.
– Revelation (17 : 8)
Our position is, is that the authorization to use force, which was passed by the Congress in the days following September 11th, constitutes that other authorization, that other statute by Congress, to engage in this kind of signals intelligence.
– A. Gonzales on 12/19/05
“Age of Consent”
01. The Arcade Fire – Age of Consent
02. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band – Frying Pan
03. R.L.Burnside – Shake ‘Em On Down
04. Bob Dylan – Rollin’ And Tumblin’
05. Constantines – Blind Luck
06. Bellini – The Buffalo Song
07. Scott Amendola Band – Masters Of War
note : A daytime list, this is a two part lists that I wish could have been finished several days ago. This one brings back all the glory of rock n roll when it has something to say. It burns and moves people.
see also : Lapping It Up with the War Junkies (second part at MdM, evening list)
image credit : serena